Now in its fifth year, Workshop's improvisational comedy team for young people receives high-quality, intensive improv and sketch comedy training, and will participate in showcases at Workshop Theatre; perform for groups and festivals around the Midlands and statewide; and work on filmed sketches that can be shown on the "big screen." Team members meet weekly as a group to hone their skills, learn new techniques and create sketches.
Give ’Em a Path...
All young people may not currently possess the required skills needed to become a part of ReWired. At least once a semester, Workshop will offer classes for those students who wish to grow in their improv discipline and develop their skills.
What We’re Looking for...
- Strong collaboration skills
- Character-development skills
- Understanding of story structure, its components and story sequence
- Evidence of a broad knowledge of drama
- Willingness to try new techniques and models of learning
- A sense of curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Ability to listen well as a performer
- Courage to make creative, bold choices
- Ability to communicate him/herself well through both body and voice
- Confidence in self and choices